Saturday, October 15, 2005

Vegas Vixens


Here we have Barb, Darcy, me, and Lori getting ready to celebrate the successful completion of the Las Vegas Marathon (and Lori's birthday) in February 2003. None of us had run a marathon before so it was a first for all of us.


The Las Vegas Marathon of 2003 was known as the year of the wind. We had sustained headwinds of 30 mph and gusts of 50 for the first 22 miles. Port-a-potties along the course had been blown over. Sand was in all the water. Here is a photo of me just after I finished. You can see the wind whipping my hair around and all the dust flying around in the background. My finish time was 5:26 and change. Not bad for a first, especially since I'd only been running for about a year AND had to face that horrific wind. In spite of everything, I was delighted to have finished and was ready to go out and do it again. I was so elated and pleased with myself, that I don't think my feet touched the ground for at least a week.

1 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger Ironayla uttered...

Nice picture of us! I see you are making some progress! Can I add you yet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home