Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I Can't Find My Groove!

So Tuesday, I was going to go swim. But I didn't.

Today, I considered going for a spin class, but I was too hungry after work, so I just went home.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to run with my friend Darcy (Ironayla, shown here at Ironman Canada 2003), but I want to attend an open house at the local school. I live in a valley and developers are ruining it's character by building huge housing developments within the valley and on top of one of the (chain of) hills. Unfortunately, the current infrastructure doesn't support the amount of development going on. Commute times have increased dramatically. Thank goodness at least I go against the primary commute when going to and from work.

But the increased traffic has also meant the more savvy commuters are finding alternative routes around the main in/out access. One of them is down my street and surrounding roads. My road, somewhat rural, used to be a safe road to cycle on. Anymore, I won't venture out on my bike at going home time. It's just too dangerous. It's a 35 mph road and people do 50 on it. But they do 35 on the 50 mph freeway. Go figure.

However, this has little to do with my groove. I spent all last summer getting up early to hit the pool or to go running. I would get up early to cycle into work. Weekends were no exception. Saturdays were normally swim and bike days while Sundays were run days. Then I did Ironman Canada. Okay, so then I tried to do the Ironman. I didn't finish it, but I still did a heck of a workout that day.

Now the race is over. I can relax. But not too much. We didn't want to lose too much fitness, now did we? So I kept getting up early and hitting the pool. Well, I did as soon as my sunburn healed (oh, that's a story in its own). So I swam and I ran (mostly ran). And I did it up until the day before my surgery.

Now I'm three weeks post-op and I've been running 3 times and swimming once. I want to do more, but am finding it hard to get out of my warm cozy bed in the morning. And once I'm home in the evening, I do NOT want to go anywhere else. I just want to curl up in my jammies and call it a night.

In fact, I think I'll call it a night now and go hit the sack. The older I get, it seems the more I need to sleep. Maybe I'll get my groove back next week. I sure hope so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home