Thursday, October 20, 2005

Amazing Amazon Dot Com

I ordered some books over the weekend from Amazon dot com. Pat wanted a book on peanut butter and how to make your own. Amazon was having a special and you could get it along with the Ultimate Chocolate Cookie book or some such thing. He has the sweet tooth (I prefer salty), so I got the duo combo.

Then I noticed the books I had on my wish list. There was Chi Running by Danny Dreyer and Slow, Fat Triathlete by Jayne Williams.



I added those to my order. After all, if I used their super saver shipping, which could take 6 to 10 days, I'd pay nothing in shipping. I wasn't in a hurry, so I opted for the super saver.

Well, Amazon came through again. Of course, it helps I live in the Northwest where many of these books are warehoused and where Amazon Dot Com is headquartered. But the 6 to 10 days shipping turned into 4. Yay! I'm quite anxious to read Jayne's book, "Slow, Fat Triathlete." I've actually had the pleasure of meeting Jayne. She is a delightfully frank and witty individual. I enjoy her company immensely.

I'll tell you more about Jayne some other time but, for now, I think I'll hit the sack and take Jayne's book to bed with me. I look forward to her making me laugh.

1 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous uttered...

One of my friends just bought me Chi Running for my b-day. Let me know how you like it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home