Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Where is the Oneness...

...I used to have with the water? It's disappeared. at least I don't seem to be able to recapture it. "It" being that elusive feeling of being one with the water.

Before my surgery, when I was swimming three or four times a week, I could get in teh water and let myself go. It was therapeutic, even cathartic to get in the water and start swimming laps. Some days, I could get in and swim lap after lap and, except for that pesky thing called breathing, could almost, almost fall asleep in the water I was that comfortable. The notion of swimming 200, 400, 1000 unbroken yards was not a problem.

But not now. Now, if feels like 150 yards is 100 yards too long. What happened to my oneness? Will that feeling return? Is it because I'm only swimming twice a week instead of three or four? Or is it something deeper, more profound? Have I lost confidence in myself? Maybe. I'm not really sure. I'd like to think not. I'd rather think it was just a matter of time; that I as I continue to swim, I will work once more towards that feeling of competence, even invincibility in the water. No, I'm not fast, but I can endure. I want to recapture that feeling of "YES! I can swim 2.4 miles with ease (if not fast).

Maybe we call all work together on becoming one with the water. All together now, "Aaaaaaooooohhhhhmmmmmmmmm......"

1 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Blogger Unknown uttered...

I have had oneness with the roads, or trails, but unfortunately never with the water. Atleast not yet. Maybe soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home