Saturday, November 05, 2005

DNF Dreams

I woke up this morning and realized I just DNF'd in a dream. I don't have any idea what race I was doing. All I know is I got through the swim, got to my transition area, allowed someone to use my camera to take pictures of me in T1, then I proceeded to march off someplace that had nothing to do with triathlon. I also know that I was doing the tri without the approval of my coach. That meant I wasn't pushing things as I approached T1. For whatever reason, I chose to walk out of the water and didn't start running until I heard someone come up behind me. Then I slowly kicked it into gear. Funny thing about that T1--I don't remember seeing any bikes.

Anyway, after leaving T1, I didn't get on my bike, I went to a house. I'm not sure why and I don't remember what happened there, but somewhere along the way, I know my husband lightly chided me for not continuing. Feeling guilty, I put on my bike shoes and prepared to go run. Yes, I was going to run in order to finish the triathlon. In my bike shoes. Hey, it was a dream. It didn't matter that I didn't bike first.

I remember leaving this house, where ever it was, but it wasn't mine, and going out the gate (white picket fence, even), and seeing other athletes that had finished the race leaving the venue. About this time, I decided to go to the awards ceremony (it's not unusual for me to be in a race where the awards are handed out long before I am anywhere close to finishing), and tell the officials that I was going to DNF, but I was going to finish the run anyway. In my bike shoes. Why did it not occur to me that I hadn't BIKED yet?

Very odd dream. Not sure of its significance, if any. I haven't had a tri-related dream in a long time, so this surprised me. The thing I do remember about it, it was a half-iron. Too weird.

1 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Blogger Flo uttered...

That's really made me laugh!!! I'm off to get my bike shoes so I can run ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home