Thursday, December 08, 2005

Devastated

Had to take my kitty, the one from which I draw my moniker, and the best cat I've ever had, to the vet. He's extremely ill and may even die. They suspect renal failure, but won't have a solid prognosis for another 24 hours or so. While my cat is relatively old (14), he is a well-loved, indoor kitty, and should have several more years of life left in him, so long as the renal disease doesn't kill him.

To say I'm devastated is a bit of an understatement. I'm terrified. Those of you that are pet owners will understand. If you aren't, and don't understand the attachment, pretend it's your child and you will come close.

4 Comments:

At 9:29 PM, Blogger Unknown uttered...

Susan,

I am sorry to hear about your cat and I hope that all goes well.

I just read your race report, which I thought I already read, but I guess I did not and it made me crack up. I can tell you if those people did that on most of the ultra's I do they would definitely be DQ'd if they were caught.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger PuddyRat uttered...

Rob, you wouldn't believe what the twit said to me. He seemed to think that because it was a race, you could discard your empties wherever you pleased. Like, duh, dude!

On the other hand, I'm glad I made you laugh.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger William uttered...

I hear ya. I had to put my cat down 3 years ago and I cried like a little baby. I hadn't cried in 10 or more years or since. He was my bestest bud. I get choked even now.

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Tammy uttered...

Oh Hon. I'm so sorry. I know that pain.. it's deep. It's difficult to part with those we love. I hope for the best for your kitty. hugs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home