Monday, March 27, 2006

Success Card #9

Until you try,
you don't know what you can do.

~Henry James


I laughed out loud when I read this quote. I was reminded of IronAyla. She has told me of her lofty goals and far-reaching aspirations many times over the last year. Each time, I tried to gently dissuade her because I didn't want her to become temporarily or, heaven forbid, permanently injured. Even still, I tried to encourage her training, but I was afraid for her, because I knew her fitness was slowing slipping away. She simply wasn't being consistent enough with her training to warrant going into a long endurance race like an Ironman or an ultra event. In my not so humble opinion (as if I were some expert, puh-lease!), she was foolish to even try. Then I read this quote.

Well, girlfriend, I'm right behind you all the way. You won't know if you can cross the finish line at IMCdA or not until you try (tri?), do you? Truth be told, none of us does. So, you just put in the training as best you can, and I'll be right there to support you all the way.

4 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Blogger Ironayla uttered...

I was a bit shocked when talking with you last that you were supportive of me. I expected to hear that what you wrote and instead I hear your support. I didn't know what to do :)

I know the road to the finish line isn't going to be easy and that my fitness isn't exactly where my mind would like to think it is, but like the quote says, I won't know until I try.

Thank you for posting this and your support. It means a lot to me.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Unknown uttered...

Nice post Susan. I know Darcy appreciates it as she stated above.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger SpeedLeopard uttered...

I'm with you Puddy. I'll be there cheering her on as well! I know what you mean about sometimes it being hard to know how to feel about it when you worry about a friend venturing into an area where the going will be tough. You are an awesome friend!!!

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Backofpack uttered...

I wish we could be there too...I just don't think it's going to work this year though. You'll have to cheer her on for all of us!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home