Sunday, January 22, 2006

Seahawks Superbowl-Bound!!!



Son of a gun! The Seahawks actually made it to the Superbowl. What a thrill! They played a terrific game today. It will be interesting to watch the matchup between them and the Steelers.



Go Seahawks!

As an update to my back, I laid off of all training after my swim Tuesday morning and did nothing that afternoon. I also did nothing on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. By Friday, I was starting to feel pretty good and expected I would get back on my trainer for my 90 minute hill cruise interval workout Saturday morning. Only problem was, when I woke up Saturday morning, I felt like I was back at square one. I hurt so bad, I once more wanted to cry from both pain and frustration. However, I took my pain-killing cocktail and sent a plaintive e-mail note to my coach asking for either wisdom or encouragement.

It was nice because she called me at home as soon as she got it. I didn't call her, because her weekends are her family time and I respect that. So it was nice she called right away.

Bascially, my coach suggested that I:
a) Do something, so long as it didn't aggravate the pain.
b) Get a massage.
c) Continue to see the chiropractor but only so long as it was helping me.
d) WORK ON MY CORE (as long as it doesn't exacerbate my pain)!

So, I:
a) Agreed to get on my trainer and do an easy 30 minutes on an easy (read FLAT) course. Turns out it felt really GOOD to get on and ride. There was some pain, but not unendurable.
b) Set up a massage appointment with a friend and training buddy. I'd rather she got my money than a stranger.
c) Already have my 4th appointment with the chiro for Monday.
d) Agreed to get back (oh, bad pun) with the program with regard to my core routine.

After the trainer ride, I was in a great deal of pain, but I took another pain-killing cocktail, used an ice pack, and chilled the rest of the evening. This morning, I got up, pain-free, but ate breakfast and took another cocktail. Then I met up with my Y group and ran 6 miles. It was a wonderful morning out (meaning it wasn't raining), I could see Mt. Rainier (sorry, no pictures today), and it felt GOOD to run.

Thankfully, this back problem happened during my rest week. This coming week will include increased volume on the bike and run. Strangely enough, I'm looking forward to it. Oh, dear. I must be more sick than I thought.

6 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Blogger Unknown uttered...

Nice to see you out running this morning.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Flo uttered...

Hope your back problem gets better soon!! So I'm rooting for the Seahawks too. I was hoping the Panthers would make it (just cuz I like there mascot) but they blew it. So it go SEAHAWKS!!!!!

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Steven uttered...

Go Seahawks! What a performance yesterday! I think the Big Game will be close...but of course Seattle will win it. Hasselbeck and Alexander are on a roll and they will roll right over the Steelers in the Motor City.

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Bolder uttered...

mmmmm, bike volume, yum.

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Ellie Hamilton uttered...

Go Steelers!!!!

Note to Tri-Mama's back: GET BETTER OR ELSE.

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger KLN uttered...

Oh Puddy, I really hope the back starts improving soon, and for real!

Congrats on the SHawks, should be a great game against Pittsburgh. But not as fun as if it were the Pats ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home