Monday, October 24, 2005

Ghost Whisperer and Ghostly Research

I'm incensed. Okay, maybe it's stupid and I'm just being a triathlon snob, but I hate all these screenwriters trying to incorporate the sport of triathlon into their stories without doing the proper research. The episode I just watched (I DVR'd it so the episode was a week or more old) was about a guy that died while doing a triathlon. Seems some numbskull kid on a Stingray-type bike (um, dating myself there) was allowed into the the path of the cyclist(s) and the cyclist ended up head over heels over the guardrail. Point is, the cyclist-now-ghost is saying how he was just finishing a 112 mile bike and getting ready to go on a 26 mile run. Give me a break. This guy was riding a road bike with flat handlebars (guess he didn't believe in going aero) AND riding in a pack. Can you say "drafting?"

Okay, like I said, I'm just being a snob, but I have yet to see a flat handle bar at an iron-distance race. You'll find them aplenty at sprints and olympics, and maybe even the half-iron distance, but not usually at an ironman. Drives me nuts. Right along with all those folks that pronounce triathlon as tri-ath-A-lon instead of tri-ath-lon.

I'm done ranting. I'll go to bed now.

2 Comments:

At 7:00 AM, Blogger Nancy Toby uttered...

GREAT rant! I agree completely!

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Flo uttered...

I was yelling the same kind of things as I was watching that show. It was wrong in so many ways it really ticked me off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home