Monday, October 31, 2005

Less Than 300 Days Left...

...to Ironman Canada. That's only 10 months left to train.

I had a chance to speak with my new coach this weekend. We talked a lot about how my focus is going to have to be on getting me through the bike as my swim and run, while maybe not fast, are at least consistent and I have a solid base in those two disciplines. The bike, though, well that's another story. We will start me out on the trainer two or three times a week, for probably 30 minutes to an hour to start. That's all. At least for the bike portion. Of course, weekends will be when I will want to try and get a ride in, but we won't worry about those too much until the weather improves. Of course, I don't stand a snowball's chance in you-know-where of doing anything like qualifying for Kona, but I should at least be able to finish the darn thing this time around!

At least she didn't have any problem with me signing up for the Seattle Half. Now I'm the only one that has a problem with it. I ran a week ago Sunday and haven't run since. Starting about Wednesday, I got a cold and it kicked my butt throughout the entire weekend. Now with the time change, I admit I'm feeling a little off center. But the half mary is only 4 weeks away. I'm very obviously not going to have a PR. Thank goodness Darcy has agreed to keep me company.

2 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger Ironayla uttered...

Yup! Even if we walk :)

Did you see that I joined back up with the Y? The gym in Enumclaw just wasn't up to Y standards. I mostly plan on lifting weights and doing Yoga in the morning :)

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Unknown uttered...

Get to work! 10 months to go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home