Sunday, December 11, 2005

Kitty Update

PuddyRat (the cat, not me) is still in the vet hospital. As of today, he at least attempted to eat something on his own. They were force feeding him at the hospital yesterday.

His blood levels are improving, but I've been doing a lot of research on feline Chronic Renal Failure and his condition, while treatable, is irreversible, progressive, and terminal. There is going to be a lot involved in keeping him happy and healthy and I don't honestly know if I've got it in me.

I love my cat, but I just don't think I can handle the expense or the emotional roller coaster. I'll bring him home for a few days and see how he does. If he doesn't continue to improve, I'll take him back to the vet and hold him in my arms until he is gone. I want him to know he was loved to the very end.

4 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Blogger KLN uttered...

I'm so sorry about the PuddyCat. I had a CRF kitty, diagnosed when she was 20, and lived a full happy life for almost another year after her diagnosis. The work isn't bad, and there are many CRF resources out there. I'd be happy to share what I know. Email me if you feel like it, and good luck to you both!

 
At 2:44 AM, Blogger Nancy Toby uttered...

Poor kitty! We lost our last 3 cats successively to renal failure - formerly fat cats just kept getting thinner and thinner and thinner. :-( I'm sorry, it's hard.

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger Simba's Mom uttered...

So sorry to hear about your kitty!

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Ellie Hamilton uttered...

That is the way everyone should get to pass on.... held in the arms of someone who wants them to know they were loved to the very end like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home