Sunday, December 11, 2005

Weekly Totals -- 12/5 to 12/11

Not a bad training week, in spite of the kitty crisis. I was so tempted to use my kitty as an excuse not to get on my trainer Thursday night, but managed to do the workout anyway.

The only "bad" thing I did was go against my coaches wishes. She had told me not to do the Christmas Rush (10k), but I think that's because she thought I was going to try to beat an hour. The reality is, I already knew it would take me over an hour. There was no way I was prepared to do a sub-one hour 10k at this point. Last year, I did the same race in 1:00:26. This year, it was 1:14 and change. I'd like to blame my surgery for the difference in pace and in all honesty that may have something to do with it, but I think the real reason is the extra 10 pounds (15 maybe, but who's counting) I've put on since last year.

Well, I did manage to do the race as a training run and I did NOT try to race it. I just tried to manage a steady pace. About mile 4, my hips and legs started aching. Okay, that was mile 4 of the race. Counting the two miles I did in advance of the race, it was actually mile 6. I guess I shouldn't be surprised I was aching a little.

Since I went against the coaches advice, that means my Saturday workout was now on Sunday. That meant a 2 hour and 20 minute ride today (actual time may vary). Since it was quite foggy (as in very dense, can't-see-the-neighbors-house-foggy) AND with freezing temperatures, which would make the roads and trails icy and trecherous, I opted to ride indoors. Of course it took me until noon to make that determination. After all, I was hoping the fog would break (it didn't until around 3:00) and I could do my ride outdoors.

So, all things considered, I'm not displeased with this week's results:

Swim: 3700 yards (only going twice a week)
Bike: 61.6 miles
Run: 13.7 miles

That's it for now. Next week is a 2 hour 40 minute long ride and a one hour 40 minute long run. Hmmm...next week's totals might look a lot like this week's totals.

Product review on the CompuTrainer is coming. Tomorrow is a day off (from training, not from working), maybe I can finish it then. Maybe not, too, as I'll be bringing my cat home and I hope to be giving him lots of loves.

5 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger Bolder uttered...

that is a solid week! look forward to the review!!

*sigh* word verification on

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Oldman uttered...

great weak of training.. sorry 'bout the fog...it was cold here on sunday too 62* when i left the house for my ride.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Flo uttered...

Great week of training.

My prayers are with your kitty. I know exactly what you're going through as my "kids" are all dogs now.

Keep us posted on Puddy's condition.

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Unknown uttered...

Nice job on training this week. Sorry you could not make it to the run last night.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Carrie uttered...

You're it. If you haven't been tagged then you'll have to check out the rules on my last post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home