Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Not Fair...

...well, not much in life IS fair, but that's irrelevant. And for the purposes of this post, it's certainly not important. But I've been tagged twice. What are the rules when that happens? Must I reveal TEN things about myself, or can I go with just the original five (I'm opting for the latter)?

Also, one of the taggers that tagged me tagged someone else I was going to tag. Oh, this might get old real fast. Also, I'm not going to check to see if any of the other folks I plan on tagging have already been tagged, so their on their own.

Okay, the rules as I understand them are:

Write 5 random facts about yourself, and then list the names of 5 people whom you in turn infect. Also, leave a post to these people letting them know they have been infected.

1) On October 4, I celebrated a birthday. Not a belly-button birthday, but an AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) birthday. As of that date, I had 15 (yup, FIFTEEN!) years of sobriety. This coming from someone who didn't think she had a problem until, while in a meeting to support my husband who was the "real" drunk in the family, I heard a woman say (directly to me, of course, nevermind that I was in a room full of people), "Quit looking for the differences [between me and the drunk], and start looking for the similarities." When I did that, I finally had to admit, *I* had a problem with drinking, too. Damn. Made me cry, but I haven't drank since.

2) I was a grandmother the first time at the age of 37. Whoa! you say. Well, I married the first time at the ripe old age of 17. I would do anything to escape my mother's house, so I married the first man that asked me. That was a mistake and one which I rectified, but not until after I had two children, both of whom I had by the time I was 20. Now, between my current husband and I, we have five children (his 3, one of which passed away earlier this year), and five grandchildren with a sixth one on the way. I much prefer being a grandma to being a mom. Being a mom is tough work and I fear I wasn't up to the task. Hence, the daughter who walked in her mother's shoes (me) and gave birth to my first grandson at age 17. *sigh*

3) I'm a clutterbug and if I'm not careful, I'll turn into my mother, the hoarder. So, I try a little at a time, to de-clutter my belongings. It's a difficult process and I don't always feel like I'm winning, but once in a while, I just get in a mood and start trashing stuff. It can be quite a liberating feeling.

4) I failed trigonometry the first time I took it. In fact, I withdrew from the class to avoid the failing grade. That was one of the first times I ever came face to face with a limitation of mine. Everything was usually so easy, but not this. I actually had to think. Mind you, I passed my Algebra class with a three point six. I didn't think I'd have a problem with trig. But there you go. I guess I'm not as smart as I'd like to think, eh?

5) I'm a military brat. By that I mean I was born into the military and stayed a (United States Air Force) military dependent until I was married at the age of 17. But what did I do? I married a (United States Air Force) military man. That wasn't good enough for me. I already knew (without knowing I knew) that I needed to escape the monster (truly, he is a twisted, abusive, evil individual) I married and I tried to break free by entering the military myself. Yup. The United States Air Force. I was in for 28 days before I was honorably discharged. I was one of those few women that still had their menses during pregnancy, so the fact that I was several weeks pregnant upon entering basic training didn't become apparent until three weeks into the training. Hence the discharge. I would be allowed to re-enter the military a year after my child was born, but by then, I was already six months pregnant again.

Okay, now for the tags. Some of them may come as a surprise. And since it's late, and I need to get my butt to bed so I can go swim in the morning, I won't go into detail about why I chose those I did.

Here goes:

Shiela
KLN (aka Knees)
TryAthlete
Vertical Man
Tammy

Have fun! I need to go leave some posts.

7 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, Blogger Tammy uttered...

Gasp! I was your LAST choice for infection??? Well, I never... hmmfph!

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger PuddyRat uttered...

LOL -- I guess I should have added, "in no particular order."

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Unknown uttered...

I figured if I tagged you you would have to post something that I could read instead of writing my paper. Of course I supposed you could have ignored the whole game, but thanks for playing along. And you are even going to leave people messages to boot, way to go.

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Cliff uttered...

Don't worry about the clutter problem..you can sell it on ebay....oh wait...u might accumulate more stuff from that...

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger KLN uttered...

Ok, you, I've done my deed and tagged forward. I changed the rules a tad, just to make it more seasonally appropriate!

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Bolder uttered...

wow! that was worth a hundred.

thanks for sharing.

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Ellie Hamilton uttered...

Hi, PuddyRat... good share.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home