Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Secret Santas

I've been working at this company for just under a year now. Seems they do a voluntary, Secret Santa gift exchange every year at Christmas. Those that participate, draw a name of someone else that is participating, and a gift is purchased ($15 limit) and put under the tree. A couple days before Christmas, we all gather in my office, I mean, in the lobby, and have fun opening the gift from our Secret Santa. Of course not all the Secret Santas stay secret, but some do. Either way, it's usually a lot of fun.

I admit, however, to some disappoinment with my gift. Either someone didn't know me well, or just saw an opportunity to re-gift soemthing they received and didn't want; I got a diary, complete with a lock and key, and a matching address book. Um, hello? I'm a computer geek. If it isn't digital, I don't use it. I don't write things down on paper. At least not most of the time.

However, something my Secret Santa included, that they evidently had no use for, but for which I can find a purpose, were "Success Cards." Each of the success cards can be opened and inside is a pithy, motivational quote. There are 30 of them in the stack. While I would like to devote myself to opening one up every day, I'm going to limit myself to one each week and use the quote as a springboard for writing in my blog. Each week will be a new quote, and it will always be a surprise as I will not screen the quotes I get. I will take each one and write a few sentences about what it means to me, how it motivates or inspires me, my thoughts on the subject, and/or how it relates to my goals. Dull? Maybe, maybe not. Stay tuned to find out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home