Sunday, January 15, 2006

Success Card #4

From a certain point onward
there is no longer any turning back.
That is the point that must be reached.

~Franz Kafka

Animation of a neutron star X-ray burst. Credit: NASA/Dana Berr

I can really relate to this quote. I can remember thinking during my IMC swim, and most especially, during the bike portion, that after I reached a certain point, there was no sense in going back because I was beyond half way. It would take longer to get back than to continue going forward.

So, this tells me we must continuously strive to move ever forwards. To reach the point of no return. This requires a full comittment on our part.

For example, I could probably quit at this point in my training and turn my back on IMC. While I would be out a great deal of money (spent on gadgetry, coaches, and entry fees), I wouldn't be out a lot of time. But I have a lot of myself invested in this venture. I consider myself already beyond the point of no return.

1 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger Cliff uttered...

That's right u did not spend XXX amount of money, time and sweat in this to quit. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home