Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I'm Getting Younger!

Okay, maybe not really but, on some days at least, my Tanita scale actually thinks I'm younger that what I really am.

To understand the relationship one develops with Tanita, you really must read Bolder's Dear Tanita post. It is certainly insightful and dead on.

Fortunately, while I also have a love/hate relationship going on with my Tanita, I'm beginning to like her. I mean, who wouldn't when she indicates that the pounds are continuing to melt away, that the bodyfat percentage continues to decrease, that the muscle mass continues to improve, and then follows all that up by showing me that I am, at least relatively speaking, physically equivalent to someone 10 years my junior? What's not to like? Except the fact that these things are only apparent in the afternoon. In the mornings, Tanita shows me that I'm all of my 49 years and then some.

I'm hopeful, however, that with continued perseverance, along with minute attention to my diet and rigorous training, the recalcitrant Tanita will begin to show me I'm younger in the mornings and not just the afternoons. When that happens, I will believe Tanita and I have a solid understanding.

1 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger Bolder uttered...

i looked at Tanita this morning, and she looked at me... but, we both decided that on account of the holidays, we might wait a couple of days before our next date.

i'm glad that miserable bitch is being good to you...

;o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home